Pollution Prevention Fund loans are provided through EDC Finance Corporation in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority (PIDA) to assist businesses with less than 100 employees that adopt or install pollution prevention or energy efficient equipment or processes that reduce or reuse raw materials on-site, reduce the production of waste, or significantly reduce energy consumption.
- Below market interest rates
- Fixed interest rates up to 10 years
- Financing up to 75% of costs
Funding Uses & Purposes
- Long-term machinery & equipment
- Soft costs related to above items
Any eligible operating business meeting the pollution prevention project criteria noted above.
EDC Finance will provide a PIDA Pollution Prevention loan in an amount up to 75% of project costs in either a subordinate or senior position to other project financing. The remaining project financing may come from a commercial bank or borrower injection with a maximum 80% loan to value on equipment.
- $100,000 maximum loan amount for all borrowers up to 75% of project costs
- Full Term Fixed Interest Rate: All borrowers will receive the posted fixed rate option for the life of the loan
- Up to a 10 year term for machinery and equipment
Borrowers are required to retain 1 full time job per $35,000 borrowed or create 1 full time job per $50,000. Job creation projects may count both retained and created jobs to determine the loan amount. Job attainment will be measured three years after loan closing.
- $1,500 commitment fee
- $250 recording costs